Skip to main contentSkip to page footer

Frequently asked questions

The office hours and phone numbers of our facility managers are listed on the residence websites. You can also make a direct enquiry via our contact/damage report►

Our residences are equipped with LAN access as standard. However, a separate WLAN router can be connected. Instructions for installation can be found here->

Send a written, signed copy of your notice of termination to Studierendenwerk . Either by post or Email. Note the terms of notice stated in your lease agreement.

Eight weeks to the end of a calendar month, or in lease contracts ending by the 15th of a month, eight weeks to the middle of a month.

Residency at a Studierendenwerk residence is limited to a maximum of 4 years.

No, only in cases of hardship which must be proven individually.

Rooms may be sublet for up to six months in certain exceptions and subject to permission granted by Studierendenwerk. They may only be sublet to students entitled to accommodation and you may only charge the rent payment stated in your own agreement.

Please first contact the LAN admin► responsible for your hall of residence, if your hall of residence is not looked after by a LAN admin, then please send a message to the responsible technical staff member via contact/damage report►.

Yes, the house rules can be viewed here► They must be adhered to at all times.

In Frankfurt am Main and Wiesbaden students have to pay a second housing tax. In Rüsselsheim and Geisenheim there is currently no secondary housing tax.

No, please arrange for insurance yourself or through your parents.

The contribution service of ARD, ZDF and Deutschlandradio has summarised these and other frequently asked questions about the broadcasting contribution or about the regulations on the broadcasting contribution on a separate page for students. The corresponding application forms are also available there.

Information for students►

We are neither willing nor obliged to participate in a dispute settlement procedure before a consumer arbitration body in accordance with the Consumer Dispute Settlement Act (VSBG). However, the Consumer Dispute Resolution Act requires that we nevertheless refer you to a consumer arbitration body responsible for you: General consumer arbitration board of the Zentrum für Schlichtung e. V., Straßburger Str. 8, 77694 Kehl.